POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : blender : Re: blender Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blender
From: Tom York
Date: 5 Jun 2008 14:40:00
Message: <web.484832e23e9934c97d55e4a40@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] rraznet> wrote:
> Hmm. I'll have to try that. Though, on most mice the middle button is
> also the "scroll", which makes it damn hard to use for anything...
> Thanks for the tip.

Not convinced you're both talking about the same thing (you can rotate the
camera around objects, right?), but those control settings at least are
configurable.

Edit menu >> Preferences... >> Camera tab, then the Camera mode box changes
which buttons control rotation and how rotation behaves by offering you a
choice of modes taken from other packages.

I use Blender mode (hold down middle mouse and drag to rotate), although I can't
remember if Blender mouse control actually does behave like that. You can see
how the camera responds to the mouse in a particular camera mode by checking
the status bar at the bottom of the display when nothing's selected. For
example, in Maya mode you'll see:

L: Select  [Alt]+L: Tumble  [Alt]+M: Track  [Alt]+R: Dolly  R: Show menu

If you want to keep the middle mouse wheel for zoom and don't want to use the
middle mouse button for rotation or whatever, you can set "Mouse buttons" to 2
in the drop-down list on the Camera preferences tab. You'll only be able to use
Blender and Nendo modes with two buttons (Nendo mode is quite unusual compared
to most other 3D apps).

Tom